A Forum Estimator is responsible for estimating high-end custom architectural millwork and casework. Our scope of work typically consists of casework, millwork, and solid surface fabrications including installation for private and public projects ranging in size.
You will be expected to provide detailed estimates that align with both our short and long-term sales goals, assist Project Managers with pricing change order requests for active projects, and develop and maintain meaningful relationships with both our customers and vendors
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Actively maintain awareness of upcoming projects in our market through local publications, relationships, and dialog throughout the bidding process.
- Actively maintain and review current bidding opportunities through various bid platforms.
- Maintain and update all required pre-qualification documents.
- Review and filter bidding opportunities based upon factors such as, but not limited to contractor/owner, scope of work, shop capacity, installation schedule, and current and past customer relationships.
- Consistently deliver high-quality customer service. This includes both responding to inquiries in a timely manner as well as keeping customer’s needs a top priority.
- Maintain and develop relationships with suppliers.
- Review project drawings, specifications, and bidding requirements to ensure an accurate and complete estimate.
- Participate/attend bid invites, scope reviews, and site visits when applicable.
- Obtain bid-bonds when applicable.
- Include in estimate all items in our scope of work by room and elevation. Fill in the project specification sheet with material information obtained during the estimating process.
- Collaborate with project, engineering, and shop managers to address any product design/build concerns during the estimating process.
- Obtain detailed quotes from specialty material suppliers and/or subcontractors.
- Maintain accurate and detailed estimating records for all projects in a digital format (Microsoft Office files and/or PDF’s).
- Track all current bidding opportunities (when submitted, win/lose) and follow-up on outstanding bids when applicable.
- Organize and lead project hand-off meetings with the project team for awarded bids.
- Prepare and/or assist with awarded project change order requests.
- Extensive math, computer, analytical, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Bluebeam, and Procore
- Ability to read and understand architectural and shop drawings
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Honesty, integrity, and a passion for excellence
- Handles pressure, sets standards, and promotes high morale
- Education or previous experience in fields such as Architecture, Construction, and/or Manufacturing
- Valid form of identification.
The physical conditions you work under may include both typical office and job site environments. Job site environments frequently require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) for safety and to prevent exposure to hazardous materials. Forum’s set work week is Monday-Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM with a half-hour for lunch. In addition to set hours, additional evening and weekend work may be required to meet estimating deadlines and Company objectives.
- Competitive salary based on experience, education, or a combination of both.
- Paid Holidays, Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Company funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), company funded Life Insurance Policy, company matching 3% 401K Safe Harbor, and partially company funded Supplemental Insurance
- Flexible Work Environment